Saturday 28 July 2012

15 minutes of fame...


“In the future everybody will be world famous for fifteen minutes.” Why would I be famous? Any Warhol

Being famous is such a complicated notion. When most people hear the word “famous”; they think about glamorous life with fancy lifestyle; being on TV. They want to be famous because they want show off their belongings; throw parties; be invited to parties. I think that this is shallow.  The word “famous” can be defined as something or someone that is widely known for performing a particular action or doing a particular job. This definition gives so many dimensions to the word “famous”. It includes glitter but above all serious matters.
http://www.web-hosting-newsletter.com/2011/05/06/lunarpicks-may-famous-for/
If I had the chance to be famous for fifteen minutes; I would want to be famous for helping people in need; working with charities and giving back. I think that I am a fortunate person in the fact that I was born in a family who has always loved and provided me with everything that I have always needed. I have the chance to be educated; to go to university and that is thanks to God and them.
http://simplegreenworld.blogspot.com/2009/11/what-am-i-doing-to-eradicate-hunger-and.html
A lot of people do not have that kind of chance. Many people around the world find themselves in situations of poverty. There are shocking facts about poverty nowadays:
  • Almost half the world live on less than $2.50 a day
  • According to UNICEF, 22,000 children die each day due to poverty. And they “die quietly in some of the poorest villages on earth, far removed from the scrutiny and the conscience of the world.
  •  More than 80 percent of the world’s population lives in countries where income differentials are widening.  It is important to give back to the less fortunate. If we have the possibility to help someone in need; why not help him/her and make his/her life easier? In my point of view; we must give back to different communities around the world for a better tomorrow.
http://www.culturepop.com/art-design/5-creative-ways-to-give-back/
As there are many people around the world needing help; I would first donate my time or money to non profit organisations or shelters in the country I will be living in. Then ; it would be easier for me to provide much more help around the world through the channels of those different organisations.


No comments:

Post a Comment