Sunday 9 September 2012

Learn to appreciate...


Life is short. Remember it every second of every day if you can. I recently heard that one of my family members died three weeks ago. I only heard about it five days ago. But I kind of understand why they did not tell me; I am studying in a foreign country and they did not want to disturb my studies or cause me pain I suppose.  This news really shocked me as I never experienced the loss of someone who was close to me.
http://goddessblue.wordpress.com/tag/abuse/
What pains me the most about his death is that I did not appreciate him enough.  He was home almost all the time; coming to fetch or drop my little brother at school when my parents did not have the time to do so. He was so cool and I never really saw it. I don’t know why; maybe because I took him for granted. In the back of my mind; I thought that I was always going to see him again one day. I realize now that I never even took a picture of him; or even took his cell phone number despite the fact that he was home often. That’s a pity about life; when you see someone all the time or often; you make plans for tomorrow; you just say to yourself I am going to see him/her tomorrow or soon. I leant the hard way that it is not always the case. 

http://o1xbabii.tumblr.com/page/2
For you sake; I am asking you to appreciate your life and the people in it.  If you haven’t heard from someone in a while; call him/her to check up on him; if you have something to get out of your chest; get it out; before it is too late. Don’t postpone it or assume that you will have time later or one day because maybe you won’t. We must all learn to appreciate what we have before time forces us appreciate what we had.

No comments:

Post a Comment